Feb 22, 2023
Women across the world are being affected by hormonal changes, which lead to a decline in physical capacity and emotional well-being; this decline is getting worse because of stress, sedentary lifestyles, and poor nutrition.
In this episode, Angela shares her powerful story of neglecting her physical and mental health, leading to severe depression. She also discusses how she dealt with it. She will help you understand why it's important to optimize hormone levels that affect every aspect of your health and well-being.
Angela Foster is a Nutritionist, Health & Performance Coach, and Host of the top-rated podcast High-Performance Health. She used integrative health practices and biohacking to rebuild her physical and mental health. Her mission is to educate and inspire women to become the CEO of their health and optimize their minds, body & spirit by embracing their femininity.
[00:01 - 06:03] The Importance Of Understanding Woman’s Menstrual Cycle
● Exercise helps alleviate things like menstrual pain.
● When you get beyond day three, you are resilient to strain. It is a great time to do resistance training.
● The ovulation phase needs to moderate the training.
● Women tend to be less resilient in the Luteal phase, with a higher resting heart rate and lower HRV.
[06:04 - 11:05] The Importance Of The Nutrition Aspect for Women’s Cycle
● Flaxseed works very well in helping estrogen and moderating the effects.
● Eat plenty of cruciferous vegetables and sulfur-containing foods to help detoxify excess estrogen.
● Birth control often leads to higher night cortisol levels.
[11:06 - 22:16] Biohacking For Optimal Health
● Red light therapy is useful for optimizing mitochondrial health, detoxification, and for cardiovascular health.
● Angela explains that cortisol and melatonin have an inverse relationship.
● Additionally, she shares how she and her husband gave up alcohol for a year.
“Everybody wants to do the exciting bio hacks first, but it isn't gonna make a marked difference to you if you are using red light therapy, but you're staying up watching Netflix with nobody, like blocking glance wear till 1:00 AM, right? And then not sleeping properly.” - Angela Foster
“The way you sleep tonight depends on what you did this morning.” - Angela Foster
“Health is the foundation, right? It's our greatest asset, and we so often neglect it.” - Angela Foster
“You can't attract more if you're not already grateful for what you have.” - Angela Foster
CONNECT WITH ANGELA:
High-Performance Health Podcast
Get leaner. Live Longer. Be Legendary.
Get my super easy and accessible FREE 5-Day Sugar Detox Program. All you have to do is put in your email and receive access together with a handbook!
Here’s how I can help you reach your goals!
1. Visit N8training.com - mastermind
2. Join our 5-Day Morning Routine Challenge
3. Start by understanding the science and simplicity of carb backloading for fat loss - go to GetNatesBook.Com. to get a free copy of Nate’s bestseller “The Million Dollar Body Method”
4. Get more great tips to get leaner by connecting with me on Instagram @lowcarbhustle
5. Join the MDB Mastermind for just a buck! If you want accountability, coaching, and an amazing training program to get leaner, this is what you need. Go to nate.fit to find out more and get your first 2 weeks for just 1 dollar.
If you liked the show, please LEAVE A 5-STAR REVIEW, and share it on social media to get reposted to over 12k of the homies.