Jun 22, 2022
Have you ever wondered how you could optimize your physical and mental well-being while improving long-term health and fitness goals? In this episode, our guest Rachel Gregory discloses how she helps female clients incorporate carbs back into their lives in a manageable way and the benefits of being metabolically flexible. Pay close attention to her tips for reaching your fitness goals. Rachel is a Board-Certified Nutritionist, Strength and Conditioning Coach, Author, Podcaster, and founder of MetFlex Life. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and a Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami. Rachel completed the first-ever human clinical trial looking at the effects of the Ketogenic Diet in non-elite CrossFit athletes, which is published in the International Journal of Sports and Exercise Medicine. Currently, in her day-to-day coaching business, Rachel guides her clients to become the best and most confident version of themselves. In her group coaching membership, The Flex Fam, Rachel has helped women all across the world learn how to ditch the restrictive, all-or-nothing mindset and instead thrive through the power of metabolic flexibility. Listen and enjoy!
[00:01 - 07:12] Opening Segment
• Rachel shares her background and work
• Discovering that flexibility was key to a successful lifestyle
• Check out Mini Flex
[07:13 - 14:10] Transitioning from Keto to Metabolic Flexibility
• How Rachel transitioned from keto to a more flexible diet and exercise regimen after finding that it wasn't providing the results she wanted
• How Rachel found that their body needed time to adjust to the new diet
• The benefits that hiring a coach brings along the way
[14:11 - 20:58] Hired a Coach and Started Eating Carbs
• Rachel's experience from a keto diet to other variations of diets and exercise while still coaching others
• How nutrition coaching helps people to optimize their nutrition and training to achieve lasting results
• How to incorporate carbohydrates back into your diet in a safe and effective way
[20:58 - 28:05] Don't Be Judgemental During the Process
• How one should start with incorporating carbs into their diet in a way that is healthy and reasonable for them
• What women who are working out regularly should incorporate
• The "six small meals per day" myth
[28:06 - 34:48] Post-Workout Nutrition is Important
• The importance of protein, carbs, and fats for muscle growth and maintenance
• How long after a workout you should eat protein to maximize muscle growth
• Pre-workout snacks and meals with high levels of protein and carbs are recommended to help regulate blood sugar and prevent catabolism
[34:49 - 41:55] How to Balance Carbohydrates and Fats while Being Fat Adapted
• There is a period that people need to become fat-adapted to burn body fat
• When someone is fat-adapted, they can begin to reintroduce carbohydrates into their diet in a way that is safe for them
• How long it takes people to feel good with their keto diet
[41:56 - 48:38] Looking for Body Composition Changes
• Tips for being metabolically flexible
• How to save money and avoid feeling hungry or angry while on vacation
[48:39 - 55:09] Closing Segment
• Rachel provides tips for reaching your fitness goals
Want to connect with Rachel? Follow her on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Tik Tok.
You can go to https://www.metflexlife.com/protein to download Rachel’s free Protein Hunger Hacks book!
"There's a time component to anything that you're doing nutrition training related. And if you don't you know buy into that period at least three months I don't think that you're actually creating real change." - Rachel Gregory
"My job is to fit your fit my plan into your lifestyle. Not try to fit your lifestyle into my plan." - Rachel Gregory
Get lean, get strong, and get paid!
Let me help you reach your goals for FREE, just go to GetNatesBook.Com.
Break your relationship with sugar and drop fat in 5 days at SugarDetox.com, your first step to health.
Learn more by connecting with me through Instagram or visit www.LowCarbHustlePodcast.com.
If you liked the show, please LEAVE A 5-STAR REVIEW, like, and subscribe through your favorite streaming platform!